[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Judges & Show Expenses

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:53:12 -0400

Hi All;
Coordinator, I did the P/L for the shows. The Show Chair who spent all the
money had 19 Judges on our panel not including Performance and brought them in
from all over to Judge a few breeds each day. The 25K included, hotel, airfare,
limo from the airport  and meals, remember we are a two day show. I even had
handlers I know asking me if why we had so many Judges.

This is why we now run the Club as a business and try to stay within a budget,
if we did no do that we would be out of business and for the last few years we
have made a profit if not a huge one, at less we aren't in the hole.

I do not do the Performance Judges, but I stay on the OB Chair to make sure we
stay with in the guidelines of fees and being able to
use for OB one day and Rally the next. But some performance Judges want fees of
$150.00 per day or more and do not at our
show Judge more that 50-70 dogs a day.  These are all the items that add up and
that is why each year I had out the P/L at a meeting so that our membership can
see where we are spending the money and suggest were we might save the next
year.

Also the Delegates are not being charges the AKC Judges Fee, as they are not
allowed to charge a fee for judging a show.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.