[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The way we were

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:07:54 -0600

It's funny - as read what the GSD people talk about, I think about the fact
that little do they seem to know that most breeds cycle through "fads"

In dalmatians, we go from large to small, to extreme, to common. Some decades,
the breed is good, some it isn't. Some years I go to the National and the dogs
are better than the bitches and vice versa.

It's these fads that allow for the breed to continue to stay more or less true
and fit the standard. It is my belief you have to have a little of everything
to keep the middle, otherwise all breeds of dogs start looking alike, ie the
Generic Showdog.

As long as the breed is sound in the mind and healthwise, the rest can be
worked with...

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls