[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Greats

  • From: Mike & Sheila Metz <Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 07:57:32 -0600

We do have a bar today for the parade of greats program, perhaps it is
to high, but I admit I like it that way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parade of Greats -- Requirements (NOTE: If an animal is in poor health
(lame) it can still be shown BUT NOT GAITED.)
All entries must be SEVEN years of age by Sept. 1st of the year entered
with the exception of GV, GVX, ROM, PAM, and AOE's.
1. Former Grand Victors or Victrixes of the US or Canada
2. Select Dogs or Bitches -US only
3. ROM Sires or Dams
4. Champions with an advanced performance title, i.e. UD, AX, AXJ, HX,
Schh III, TDX, VST
5. Any Performance Victors/Victrixes including Obedience, Herding, and
Agility (US only)
6. Performance Award of Merit dogs and bitches
7. Any Performance Champions, including Obedience, Herding, Agility, and
Tracking (US only)
8. Any Utility Dog (UD) with a title from any other Performance event
including Agility, Herding or Tracking
9. Schutzhund III dogs and bitches (trained in the US only)
10. Highest winning GSD as per AKC records indicating total number of
dogs, any breed defeated in a given year.
11. Any AOE recipient
12. Former North American Siegers and Siegerens
13. Service Dogs: must provide verifiable documentation as proof or
status as recognized service dog at time of entry. The Categories are:
a) Guide Dog
b) Mobility Assistance Dog
c) Hearing Dog
d) Seizure Assistance Dog
e) Therapy Dogs Certified by Approved Therapy certification (ex TDI,
Delta etc)
14. Certified Search and rescue (SAR) Dogs. Requirements include:
a) Owner must provide a certificate from the SAR team as proof of
completion of testing for certification.
b) Owner must provide their dog was trained under the guidelines and
standards of the National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR)
c) Document showing proof of service (i.e. individual SAR team leader,
public safety agency representative, or any other agency).
d) Dog and handler should be in uniform at the Parade.
Other Participants in the Parade of Greats
Cadaver Dogs (trained to find human remains), Wilderness Search Dogs
(trained to find missing persons in the wild & in cities, Drowned Victim
Recovery Dogs (trained to work in and around water searching for human
remains) Urban Search Dogs (trained to search for victims of natural or
man made disasters).
Please note the following restrictions: No dog may be presented in the
Parade if it is of a color disqualified according to the Standard. All
entries must be postmarked no later than 9/1 of each year and the
acquired title must be officially awarded by 9/1 and the verification of
that title is included with the entry.
A Fee of $75 will be charged to cover cost of Rosettes and Page in the
National Catalogue. Dog Must attend National to get Rosette – no
Rosettes will be mailed