[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fun at shows

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 12:09:07 -0800

I totally agree. I no longer exhibit, but I attend most specialty's within
reasonable driving distance. I  haven't missed more than 3-4 National's
since Denver 1971.
I have served on various committee's both regional and national. I enjoy
ring stewarding when possible.
I probably will never exhibit another GSD. But that doesn't mean I won't
always have one. It also doesn't mean I would loose interest in the sport or
the parent club.
It thrills me to see an upcoming youngster that just about knocks my socks
off.
It thrills me a bit more when I realize that my bloodlines may be behind
some of exhibits. Or that some person who is successful started  their dog
show career with an Arelee GSD, or mentoring and advice from my husband and
myself.
I can honestly say that some of the very best times in my lifetime have been
related to the sport of dogs, one way or another.
I may not be the active participant that I once was, but I will keep on
"going to the dogs", until someone pry's the leash from my cold dead hand.
And this very day, I will welcome the German Shepherd Dog Club of Sacramento
Valley to our annual Christmas party and pot luck dinner this evening.  I
love decorating the house and doing the preparations. Believe me I do
decorate,  most every room, inside, outside etc. However though I find it
fun, it isn't quite as much fun as dog shows!!
Life with this breed, has been and always will be among my favorite things.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA.