[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Amateur Classes....?? NOT

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 21:41:06 -0800

I wholeheartedly agree with Ken on this....and in the process I
also learned a great 'new phrase' that accurately describes the
difference this will all make in actual entries. <G>
All this 'extra' compensation does is take up the time of those
that support the Futurities year after year after year and the
Clubs that struggle to host them along with their shows.

I also agree that the Futurities began to fail when big money became
the way to win because the ultimate goal was Futurity VICTOR/ VX and
Maturity VICTOR/ VX at the National and a free cover on the Review.
I don't disagree with the titles or the free cover...but it DID
start the stampede to win it all...and started the process of huge
handling fees to show a "hopeful" ....and thus...
the beginning of the failure of the Futurities.

Many look at their budget...and just figure they can finish one or two
dogs for the cost of a Futurity.   It's not the Futurity's themselves,
but the COST that some are willing to pay...and some simply cannot.
But for those of us that do give a ( here it comes ) 'piddly damn'
there is nothing we can do to Legislate Honesty...or Handling Fees
and our Futurity system ( AND Breeders and Exhibitors ) pays the price.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com