[sfvcca] Re: Abused patient

  • From: Helle Leap <helle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sfvcca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 15:29:57 -0700

Thanks for all the reply's.
As a FYI: I contacted the State Board and they stated the following:

Thank you for contacting the Board of Chiropractic Examiners regarding your
patient. Penal Code section 11160 requires you, as a health care
professional, to report any known or suspected suspicious injuries:

·      Suspicious injury includes any wound or other physical injury that
either was:

-       Inflicted by the injured person’s own act or by another where the
injury is by means of a firearm, or;

-       Is suspected to be the result of assaultive or abusive conduct
inflicted upon the injured person

·         Report suspicious injuries to your local law enforcement agency
by telephone immediately, or as soon as practically possible;

·         Submit the required completed written report to your local law
enforcement agency within two working days of discovering a suspicious
injury;

When I called the police they said that they would only make a report if
the abuse was sexual or of a minor.

--
Dr. Helle Leap