[sfvcca] Re: Abused patient

  • From: Dale Fernandez <dalefernandez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sfvcca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 23:07:35 -0700

Hi,
Anytime someone is in immediate danger of life or bodily harm, it is
appropriate to contact the authorities.  A patient of mine was affiliated with
LAPD's D.A.R.T program.
If you believe she needs continued resources to protect herself from her pimp,
this program can help the victim by assigning an advocate to help her through
the process.

http://www.lapdonline.org/get_informed/content_basic_view/8893

I have forwarded your message to Linda Coltrin, the CCA district liaison, to
give you more information on your obligations as a health physician in
reporting such cases.

Dr. A. Dale Fernandez
Treasurer
San Fernando Valley District of the