[seedit] Re: CSS Editors

  • From: Chuck Miller <chuckmiller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:45:11 -0600

On Nov 14, 2011, at 11:32 AM, Dean Hill wrote:

> Thanks for looking into it. I read some more on Xyle Scope and the program
> actually works like a browser in that you open a URL or .html file and it
> connects to the CSS and DOM that way. Very ingenious.
>
> To use it with SEEdit, it appears that it would have to be listed as a
> Browser rather than a CSS editor.
>
> Sadly, the folks at Cultured Code told me they stopped developing Xyle Scope
> a couple of years ago because it wasn't a profitable enterprise. I have a
> feeling it's the kind of application that would have done very well if the
> Apple Apps Store were functioning back then. :-)
>
> Anyway, thank you for the awesome support you provide Sven, and, of course
> for your marvelous software. Love the 8.0alpha I just downloaded. :-)

Perhaps the folks at Culture Code could give Xyle Scope or the basic code for
it to Mr. Swen E. Olsson - so that their "child" could continue to enjoy life.
Donate it, since Mr. Olsson is not a high roller. He's more like they (sound
like they) are.

I'll sign an online petition saying that Swen is a stand up / stand out guy who
would use Xyle Scope respectfully.

Of course, that is if it's useful in the SEEdit context. Dean's enthusiasm is
contagious, but I have no personal knowledge.

Chuck M