[SAS] Interesting documentary

  • From: Nicholas Wiseman <njtwiseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 15:16:46 -0800

So a new cosmology documentary "The Principle" that's played in one theater
in Chicago already has a smallish following here in Spokane/Post Falls.  I
know of a number of people who are trying to bring it to AMC in Spokane on
the 23rd of January (First potential showing).  Further details to follow
if anyone shows interest.  http://www.theprinciplemovie.com/

It is very controversial and I, personally, am very interested in seeing it
myself.  I was wondering if anyone would like to "claim" a ticket.  They're
about $10 (give or take a bit) *if enough tickets are sold*.  Otherwise, no
money will change hands.

I thought I'd let the list know to see if anyone else would be interested.
The theater needs to see that 500 tickets have been sold in order for the
movie to air.  I think close to 400 have been accounted for.

The only thing I'm getting out of this is the ability to see the movie, I'm
not trying to sell anything for personal gain, it's entirely non-profit and
for the love of the science behind what we do as amateurs.

I'd also not like to get in a huge debate on the list about the content, if
you want to talk about it I think we should keep them, should they follow,
on a personal e-mail basis, I don't think that would be proper to talk
about controversial science on a stargazing list.

So let me know if your interested or want more information.  Again, I'd
only like to see it and we need more tickets sold to be able to.  Check it
out, let me know,  Also I hope I'm not overstepping the list here, if I am
I'll be more than happy to not talk about it again

-Thanks!
Nick W.