[sac-forum] Re: Observing Awards

  • From: "Jennifer Keller" <starhopper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:04:15 -0700

I inquired on this some time ago and it was an easy Yes at the time. I
mailed off a few of Paul Dickson's Messier Catalogs to Elaine Osborne--a
regular attendee of the Grand Canyon SP--for her very small astronomy club
in Virginia so they would motivate to move their telescopes off the 4 or 5
usual objects.

I think the answer should be a welcoming and resounding YES!!!  A fee to
cover the award would be necessary--$10 bucks or whatever and if someone in
Burkino Faso couldn't figure how to mail us a US$ denominated exchange than
maybe the idea that A Saguaro Astronomy Club Award has made it across the
longitudes would be enough compensation.

As for mulling over the notes, probably the idea to have the local astronomy
club person (if available)  certify  them would be the best idea. Other than
that I don't think it's the biggest concern--something about the honesty of
an astronomer.

I think it would be another great contribution from SAC to the Astronomical
Community--

Jennifer Keller