[sac-board] Re: SAC Web Site

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:32:52 -0600

Ha ah good one, excuse my transitive/nontransitive verb problem. Should I
say "in THE possession of the Secretary"?

There is a perfectly good picture of the binochair on the website in two
places:

http://www.saguaroastro.org/images/Binochr.gif  or

http://www.saguaroastro.org/images/bino-chr.jpg

I have other pictures of the bino chair so it's my fault I never submitted
them to the webmaster and forced him to put them on the site. I will submit
pictures of the club scope and someone who knows the binochair history
should write a blurb or I will tell what I know about it and also use what's
in Pete Manly's book 'Unusual Telescopes'. I've always thought it should
have its own page and be a Club Icon. Such as "This is the Saguaro Astronomy
Club, Home of the Schwaar 8" Bino Scope".

If you want to see what a good website looks like or want to "steal" some
good ideas, look at EVAC's site. Ours has gotten a million times better, but
they are still keeping out ahead of us and it will take a lot of time and
sweat to catch up.

Club shirts will be $15, as decided at the Sept Board Mtg, sizes S thru 3XL.
If anyone has gotten bigger than that since then, better email me (and check
into a clinic).

Jack