[rollei_list] Re: scanners.

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:18:27 -0500

At 04:44 PM 12/20/05 -0800, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>I am now being deluged with protests from enroiled List
>members.

>   Congratulations on discovering a word I can not find in
>the OED. I am pretty sure this is a legit word, derived from
>_roil_: to stir up; to make muddy; to _irritate_. I am, in
>fact, enroiled that I can not find this word. And further so
>by so-called web dictionaries that tell me that I want
>_enrolled_. I _know_ what I want, and one of those things is
>ENROILED!

Richard

Dpm't get me started:  I have a rather extenive knowledge of Latin, Greek,
Old and Middle English, Russian, German, French, und so weiter, and I can
curse in the most of them.  I also have a working knowledge of Yiddish
albeit my Hebrew is most limited, something I plan on correcting next year
after my move to Richmond VA.

Does the term "kvetch" carry any meaning to you?  <he grins>

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505