[rollei_list] Way OT: "enroiled"

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:29:16 -0500

On Dec 20, 2005, at 8:18 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

Dpm't get me started: I have a rather extenive knowledge

Alas, this "extenive" knowledge "dpesm't" appear to extend to touch- typing, but no matter. My Mac's integrated dictionary (Oxford- American, probably a product of Oxford, New Jersey) points out that "roil" was used as a synonym for "rile" in the early nineteenth century. So while I would otherwise be skeptical as to the validity of "enroiled," I'll take it on faith for now, coming as it does from the lips (or the fingers) of the Magister.

BTW, rceetnly it was dsicvoerd taht as lnog as the fsirt and lsat lteetrs of ecah wrod are in the cerorct pcale, msot wrdos culod be firaly eisaly raed. Tho' I suspect my example here will only work for native Anglophones. Then again, maybe not.

Best regards,
Aaron