[rollei_list] Re: recoating and polishing the Xenotar lens

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:44:31 +0200

Thanks Richard,

The scratch was there when I got the camera off ebay - but i did not pay
more then 100 usd for it and asa long as she uses the hood/shade it does not
show on pictures ! I will leave it as it is untill I find a set of matched
view/take lens from a junked camera.
I know there is a lot of tessar/XENAR and Planar/Xenotar talk on these list
but so far I have not been able to see the difference between the tessar and
the Xenar - I took the same picture with both on the same fil and ames
setting and scanned them at 4000 dpi and they looked very much alike -
lovely both of them actually
I am getting more and more happy with my own tessar on the automat ! I t
gives my Leicas a hard run to the motifs!
I got another automat the 1956-7 with the coupling of EV values - the first
model - it has a tessar to but not the word "opton" as my 1951-1953
automat - are they the same lenses anyway ?

all the best Ruben