[rollei_list] Re: recoating and polishing the Xenotar lens

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:20:58 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hi John -

A quick question... is the lens clean internally? As you probably know, even
the slightest haze or film, one that is barely detectable upon inspection, will
make a significant difference in contrast and flare...

The reason I am asking all of this is because in my experience it is unusual to
see coating abrasions that obviously effect contrast; others on the list may
have different experiences...

In any event, the man who does this kind of work is John Van Stelton and Focal
Point Camera in CO. Some on the list have had good experiences with him; my one
experience was passible but not great...

Eric Goldstein