[rollei_list] Re: recoating and polishing the Xenotar lens

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:41:41 -0700

I have had my Xenotar recoated. It worked fine but there is a slight
change in the color is the lens if you shoot chromes. If you shot
prints, or B&W, not worry at all.
If the marks are severe, in others words like a brillo pad was used to
clean the lens, then it will make a difference. If there are only a
few marks that are not noticeable unless you really look at the lens
on an angle, then no.

Peter K

On Apr 11, 2005 12:34 PM, JMN * <retinaiiic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'll do a closer inspection, but at the moment all I can recall is
> excessinve cleaning marks on the front element.
>=20
> I am asking about the recoating and repolishing work as I wonder if the
> effort will make a significant differnece?
>=20
> John
>=20
>=20