[rollei_list] Re: question on operating and on screen for Rollei GX and Hood

  • From: Craig Semetko <csemetko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:42:23 -0700

Per,

This is some excellent info for a guy who just joined this forum. I
have had an Automat 4 (I think--75mm Xenar) for about three years and
love it, though I haven't used it nearly enough. I used it the other
day on a shoot of a comedy group going to the Edinburgh Fringe Fest
and we all loved the shots. Instead of being satisfied with what I
have, it made me definitely want to get something "better," as in,
namely, either a 2.8 Planar or Xenotar in 80mm so I could get a little
closer for portraits. Coincidentally, I had decided on a Rollie 2.8 "C"
and then I see your post, and I feel like I made a good choice! Thanks!
Anybody know what a 2.8 C with a Xenotar would go for approximately? In
good shape?

Thanks, and I learned something already the first day I'm here...

Craig