[rollei_list] Re: flash with sl66e?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:40:32 -0300 (ART)

Hello Frederic:
                The Rollei SCA 356 flash adapter was
designed to work with Metz flashes and other flash
units comptibles with the SCA 300 system, some Metz
flashes could need the Metz SCA 300 A adapter added to
the Rollei SCA 356 adapter. The advantage using the
356 SCA adapter is that the SL 66 E can provide TTL
light measuring and then you can use any f stop and
the flash will provide the necessary light for the
exposure, however the problem with the SL 66 in
general is that the X shutter speed sync is low too
much: 1/30, it almost means the SL 66 camera on a
tripod.
I think your Canon flash is a dedicated Canon flash
and it couldn't work with the SCA 300 flash system.
You could use the SL 66 E without the SCA 356 adapter
attaching an electronic flash provided with an
universal contact on the camera flash shoe directly,
and then you could calculate the exposure according
the flash unit instructions, but you have 1/30 shutter
speed as X sync again, low too much IMO except for
studio and/or camera on tripod work.
The main advantage about the SL 66 E is that it has a
hot shoe and integral TTL lightmeter for general
purposes photography, I think the SL 66 is not the
best camera to work with flash if flash is very
important for your photography, except if the camera
works on a tripod taking images about subjects without
fast movement.

All the best
Carlos

--- Frederic Vanwalleghem <fre@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> At the moment I have a 580EX Canon flash. I presume
> I cannot use it with any
> adapter on the sl66e?
>
> The only option is a Rollei/Metz SCA 356 adapter and
> a Metz flash?
> How does the light metering work? How do you know
> what the appropriate
> aperture/shutterspeed is?
>
> Kind regards,
> Frederic
>

> Op 05-02-2008 14:57, Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
> schreef:
>
> > Frederic,
> >
> > I think the most elegant and compact (TTL)
> solution is the Metz 54
> > cobra style flash with the appropriate Rollei/Metz
> SCA 356 adapter.
> > See here:
> > http://www.sl66.com/pg/accessories.shtml (scroll
> down to "SCA System
> > adapter)
> >
> >   This adapter is built in a 90 degree design so
> that your flash sits
> > on the left sits of the camera.  You can also
> adapt most of the
> > modern Metz handle mount flashes (potato masher
> type) via the same
> > SCA adapter.
> >
> > Hope to get back into the SL66(SE) system myself
> later this year.
> > Jan
> >
> > On 5 Feb 2008, at 02:20, FreeLists Mailing List
> Manager wrote:
> >>
> >> Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 00:29:10 +0100
> >> Subject: [rollei_list] flash with sl66e?
> >> From: Frederic Vanwalleghem <info@xxxxxxx>
> >>
> >> Friends,
> >>
> >> I would like to start working with a flash on my
> sl66e. What are my
> >> options?
> >>
> >> Coincidently I found a ring flash, mounted on a
> sl66.
> >> Ref. :
> http://www.fotosg.nl/images/FE-Rinflitser-01.jpg
> >>
> >> I wonder if it is possible to add any flash. I
> thought you could
> >> only use
> >> the rollei flashes.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Frederic
> >>
> > ---
> > Rollei List
> >
> > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with 'subscribe'
> > in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
> into www.freelists.org

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Los referentes más importantes en compra/ venta de autos se juntaron:
Demotores y Yahoo!
Ahora comprar o vender tu auto es más fácil. Vistá ar.autos.yahoo.com/