[rollei_list] Re: "different types of black boxes" (was: OT / prove it !)

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:46:21 -0400

In c. 1954 I attended a slide illustrated lecture by Walter Benser, of
Leica fame, who was then hawking Contax.  He made a convincing case for
the IIA/IIIA system, but on further investigation I found a widespread
opinion that the camera was not as well made as pre-war versions.  It
was enough to turn me away from the marque, and just as well as things
worked out.  But I always wondered if there were substance to the
notion.  Does anyone know the truth of the matter?

Allen Zak