[rollei_list] Re: "different types of black boxes" (was: OT / prove it !)

  • From: FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 07:42:35 +0100 (BST)

Leica sold more than twice as many M3s than M2s. The
rangefinder on the M2 is cheaper to make but less
accurate than the M3 type and is certainly popular
nowadays. Whether the M2 rangefinder was the one they
continued with from M4 onwards because it was cheaper
or more popular is debatable but the the M2 was not
more popular than M3 if numbers sold is the criterion.
Frank