[rollei_list] Re: collector Rollei?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:12:20 -0300

2009/12/19 Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> ...It is probable that some amount had
> Planars added by sellers wanting to increase the values...

It's very easy to convert a no "white face" 2.8F Planar from the SN
2455000 into a "white face" one changing the front cover only since
this is the main difference, this was a topic here in the past, I know
some real cases very well, sometimes the change is done because there
is no older front panels to replace a damaged front panel (most of
these replacement front panels have serial numbers above 2950000), but
there are ways to know if the camera is a real "white face" except if
the minimal details were changed too. BTW, sometimes the change is
done to increase the camera value. I think only the "white face"
factor ncreases the camera value;a Xenotar lens means a newer camera
than a Planar one except for a few earlier 1960/61 Xenotar 2.8F units.
According my registers, any 2.8F "white face" with a Planar SN lower
than 5000000 could be a no real "white face".

The former member Antonio's 2.8F "white face" camera has the SN
2954xxx and Xenotar lens 12xxxxxx, it means from about 1973 or
beginning of 1974 according Schneider age of lenses table.