[rollei_list] Re: collector Rollei?

  • From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:39:08 +0000

I may be 'untrusting' but when I see some Rollei items which are 'new
manufacture' and badged 'Rollei' being sold from China, I wonder to what
extent it is economical to produce a one off label (which after all is what
the front plate on a Rollei TLR is) and stick it on a camera...

Modern technology permits printing to a high standard.  As has been
mentioned elsewhere, genuine spare parts can be replaced on a camera to
'upgrade' it for value purposes.

I do not suggest that this is the case with this particular camera but I do
become cautious when looking at items of value from a 'distant land' where
'comeback' is almost impossible.

John