[rollei_list] collector Rollei?

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RUG <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:08:00 -0800

http://cgi.ebay.com/Last-White-Face-Rollei-Rolleiflex-2-8F- Planar-80mm-2-8_W0QQitemZ260509787753QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFilm_Cameras? hash=item3ca797e669#ht_12032wt_711

It strikes me as really odd that this camera would show up on ebay in obvious user condition in China with the serial number: 2950001.

I would have thought that the first number in the 295 series would be in an "important" collection somewhere. What are the odds that Rolleiflex just put number 1 on the market and shrugged their shoulders unconcerned where it went. And what are the odds that the buyer of the number 1 camera would just load it up and go off shooting and then pawning it in China?

just seems curious to me
Dennis