[rollei_list] Re: collector Rollei?

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:46:03 -0800

On Dec 19, 2009, at 13:18, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

2950000 SN(1973) there are some Planar versions because Rollei still
had those lenses in stock, we had a topic with Todd about the issue,
the seller in eBay says 7 cameras, perhaps it's true.

I have made it a time waster hobby to watch the 295 series cameras on ebay since I bought mine in December 2005. In that time I have recorded 136 cameras with a serial number on them that was 295xxxx. Of that number I have seen 13 with a Planar lens. It is probable that some amount had Planars added by sellers wanting to increase the values. But all the earliest ones in my ebay records have Planars.

The ebay Planar cameras had these numbers
295-
0001
0110
0226
0228
0265
0286
0535
0691
1142
2361
5126
5593
5857

The highest number I have watched on ebay with a Xenotar is 2959244
My own is 2957029 which is 20th highest of 136 cameras.
For those concerned about my mental health and my obsessive compulsive tendencies, I have pretty much stopped this silly hobby in the last year.
Dennis