[rollei_list] Re: The little Rollei

  • From: Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:52:58 -0400

"Wow, those are lovely pictures. How are you scanning these, neg or print?"

Those are scanned from Provia 100F colour transparencies on my obsolete Nikon Coolscan III film scanner.

"Are shooting these at infinity or hyperfocal? Or are you guesstimating the distance?"

I often guess focus with this camera but I think its safe to say most of these were shot hyperfocal + one or two stop safety factor. The night shots were made without tripod. After a couple of pints of Greene King IPA I made my way down from Leicester Square to take the two Trafalgar Square shots :) I jammed the camera solid against an appropriate pole, 1/2 second f/3.5.