[rollei_list] Re: Strange Rollie problem

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:08:30 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 5:33 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Strange Rollie problem

My Rolleicord IV has always been a favorite of mine because it still has the focusing knob on the right, so I don't have to switch the camera back and forth between my hands to focus and then wind the film. Its light weight also seems rather miraculous.

Robert

At some point I weighed several cameras. I can't find my notes but think my Rolleiflex "old standard" was the lightest with the Rolleicord IV being only slightly heavier. The heaviest of the Rolleis was the 2.8E as might be expected. I think the old standard was the lightest of all the cameras I have with the trivial exception of a couple of ancient box cameras. BTW, does anyone know a good Leica tech in the Los Angeles area who will work on a IIIC? I know there was a fellow in the SF valley but I understand he moved back to Germany or died or something of the sort.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx