[rollei_list] Re: Slipsticks and Geeks

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:43:30 -0700

At 02:11 AM 8/22/2006 -0400, Marc wrote, in part:

A Picket is a nice slide rule, Richard, but my Dad's K&E Log-Log Decitrig is at the other side of the room from me, complete with its geek case and IB.

Not sure what you mean by "IB" but maybe you mean that cylindrical magnifier that clipped on.

I agree that the K&E was the thing to have in those days.

Mine is mounted in a picture frame, backset a bit, with a label on the front that says "Break Glass in Case of Emergency". No one who sees it has the slightest idea what that means.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA