[rollei_list] Re: OT Contact Printing ... contact proof printers

At 07:17 PM 8/21/2006 -0700, you wrote, in part:

It had three little trays, a couple of Tri-Chem-Paks a ruby lamp and a couple of film clips.

Wow, you had film clips and a real safelight?

I don't think I had any film clips until much later when I was able to develop film in a tank and use film clips to dry it. (Sometimes it dried nicely, other times it just curled in a nasty way. Adding weight helped, and one could do that because the clips punched through the film, holding it with a nice grip. Those punch areas had to be cut off before the film was rolled-up or cut for printing.

All this evolved, for me, over a 10-20 year span. I still have some of the film tanks, but the trays are long gone.

There was once, on this forum, a discussion about tank brands. I liked the Nikor (not sure about spelling) best but as I recall most of the comments about that brand said they leaked. Never had that problem, and I enjoyed the capability of putting the tank into a water bath (between flips or agitation, whatever was popular any given week) to hold the temperature.

I finally developed the dexterity to load two rolls into the tank at once, back to back, and it worked for me.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA