[rollei_list] Re: SL66 tips

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:18:50 -0700

The camera works very well hand held with the dedicated handgrip.
The thinking of the day was such, that if one wasn't a hot shot advertising photographer from New York with unlimited resources, then a camera for a basic working photographer would have to fill more than one function. It made the SL66 a very sensible camera.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8, AGCC
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Sep 25, 2005, at 6:41 AM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

I add to your interesting commentary about the SL 66
that this camera was conceived and designed as a
Studio camera from factory, this is the reason it's a
large and heavy SLR.-

All the best
Carlos
 --- Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx> escribió:

I sold my SL66SE which I got in good condition from
the Rollei Club to
a happy fellow in Norway because it was too large
for me and it stayed
home too much.  Also I couldn't find some of the
lenses I really wanted
(esp. 5.6/500 mm).  I switched to Contax 645 and
haven't regretted it
yet, in spite of current limbo situation with Contax
645 production &
future. The Contax 645 is much more portable when
split into its
components (finder, body, lens, back).  If I want to
shot squares
nowadays I use my trusty 3.5E Xenotar and soon a
reconditioned Super
Ikonta 6x6.
If you get the older basic non-metered SL66 have the
longer mirror
lever installed by Harry Fleenor to avoid mirror
lock and buy ($$$) or
borrow Mannheim's big SL66 book which explains
everything SL66.
Jan

===From: Jim <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Intro and WTB [some OT and

long]

Hi folks,
... I am very interested in a Rollei SL66 since it

is both a normal

camera and a tilt camera.
I really don't know too much about the SL66. I

have read numerous web

sites
(SL66.com, etc.) so I understand what the camera

is about and why I

want
one. But which one? I hope someone on this list

(someone who has stayed

awake and read this far... :-) can advise me on

the models as to - are

there any models to avoid. I've been thinking

about the basic

mechanical
SL66 since I don't need a built-in meter. I think

I'm interested in:

SL66 camera; 40FLE, 80, 120/4 lenses; prism

finder; and whatever...

Other than eBay, I do not know where to look for

these items. If

anyone has
a clue where to find good, clean, un-abused

versions of the above

items,
lease let me know. I would really appreciate it.
Jim Brick

--- Rollei List

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
into www.freelists.org

Correo Yahoo!