[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex SL 35M and Rolleinar 3,5/200mm

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:11:53 -0300 (ART)

Thank you very much for the suggestion Jim, talking
about lenses it is not the weigh only, it's the lens
focal length too, I can assure that even if you can
hold a 200mm steadly, minimal movements are increased
very much and you can obtain sharper photographs with
a light 80mm or 50mm even if you can't hold the camera
steadly because the movements are not evident or they
are less evident on the film. I have tried supporting
arms and similars in the past for heavy teles and they
diminish the movement, however the improvement is not
impressive and they required time to mount, room in
your bag or out of your bag and I finally  preferred
to hold the lens with my left hand, or, if it was the
case, to put the camera on a tripod or the tele on a
monopod directly; in example these two photographs
were taken with the SL 35M and the 200mm Rolleinar MC
camera handheld at slow shutter speeds for a 200mm,
the second one at 1/60 f3,5:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/1346713476/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/1344196099/

All the best
Carlos

--- Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> At 08:38 PM 9/7/2007 -0300, Carlos Manuel Freaza
> wrote:
>
> >I even obtained useful images at
> >f3,5 and 1/60, camera handheld, it would be
> impossible
> >with the Pentax tele due to the weight.
>

> Carlos, ask Marc, or any competition shooter, it is
> easier to hold
> heavier objects steady than lighter objects.
> Competition rifles weigh
> twice that of sporting rifles. My .22 caliber match
> rifle has a
> barrel nearly 1" (2.5cm) in diameter. A lot of metal
> and a tiny .22
> hole. They are called 'heavy barrels'. Heavy so that
> the competition
> shooter can hold them dead still. It has to do with
> your muscles and
> weight. You are the steadiest when your muscles are
> actually
> physically doing some work. Very light objects
> require too little
> work from your muscles in order for the whole system
> to be rock
> steady. Many competition pistols have a system of
> weights that you
> can add until your muscle/weight ratio for perfect
> steadiness is
> reached. It is much steadier to handhold heavy
> camera/lenses than
> light camera/lenses. Give it a try...
>
> :-)
>
> Jim

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Los referentes más importantes en compra/ venta de autos se juntaron:
Demotores y Yahoo!
Ahora comprar o vender tu auto es más fácil. Vistá ar.autos.yahoo.com/