[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 3001 vs CZ Planar 1.4/50 HFT 4948XXX

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:48:54 +0100

James,

Firstly I should correct my lens serial numbers (and for Marc's information
too).
ROLLEIFLEX SL35     Carl Zeiss 50MM F1.8 PLANAR  5509368 - QBM I
ROLLEIFLEX SL350    ROLLEI 50MM F1.8 PLANAR SINGAPORE  1034892SL - QBM II
The lenses were on the wrong cameras - when they came back from a clean, I
must have assembled them the wrong way round.

All the other lenses I have are QBM IV although they may have been
converted, because according to Prochnow's book they were not supplied as
such for the SL35M, SL35ME nor SL35E which had QBM III mounts... I remember
somewhere that they could be modified and looking at them, I suspect that
the rear ring can be exchanged or adjusted. I tried to unscrew the ring on a
tatty lens but there must be a locking screw under the rubber finger grip
holding it.

The results of using the various lenses on my 3003 when set to "A" are:

QBM I - Open Aperture (OA) = aperture and speed leds all on
        Stop Down     (SD) = aperture all on, speed moves as aperture ring
on lens is changed.

QBM II - OA & SD = apertures all on, speed moves as aperture ring on lens is
changed.

QBM IV - OA & SD = apertures and speed change as aperture ring on lens is
changed. If there is no light, all leds are on, presumably to signify that
exposure is outside camera meter's range.

My extension tube - part of the set - operates as for QBM I.

I have not measured the depth of the groove on my QBM IV lenses but 0.5mm
seems about right.

I have a Makro lens with no tube so maybe I could machine a 2mm groove in
one of mine... or as I have a spare set of boxed Voigtländer rings... could
we come to some arrangement off list?

John