[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 3001 vs CZ Planar 1.4/50 HFT 4948XXX

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 07:47:31 -0300

2010/8/19 John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> My Prochnow book is at home and I will check tonight but I expect Carlos
> will have his to hand and can check the photographs of the rear of the
> respective lenses before I get home. ;-)

Hi John:
              As I wrote in an earlier post, lenses with PR (Prochnow
Register) QBM I and PR QBM II have aluminium focusing and aperture
rings painted black with channels  grips pattern; lenses with PR QBM
III and QBM IV have the square/diamond rubber grips pattern for the
focusing ring and aperture ring.

QBM I lenses are easy to recognize because they have a slider to
change from automatic to manual and one pin.
QBM II lenses don't have the slider and have a second pin to simulate f stops.
QBM III lenses are identical regarding QBM II lenses about the mount
features, the difference is the focusing and aperture rings material
and patterns as described above.
QBM IV has an additional "step" or ring to give electrical info to the
camera about the lens widest aperture, this "step" is very difficult
to distinguish in bi-dimmensional photographs, however if you consider
the number of circles in the lens mount, you'll see five circles for
QBM III and six circles for QBM IV or at least QBM IV will have one
additional circle using identical criteria to consider what is a
circle in the mount.  My Rolleinar Tokina zoom and Rolleinar Mamiya
tele 200mm have the QBM IV "step" according you can expect from these
lenses description, anyway I don't have older QBM mount lenses to
compare.

It is expected that if you use a QBM III lens on a 2000 camera the
LEDs in the VF will show all the apertures together "on" and not "off"
.