[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 3001 vs CZ Planar 1.4/50 HFT 4948XXX

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:28:20 +0100

James,

Judging by the serial number your lens should be a QBM IV - my sequence of
numbers is:

ROLLEIFLEX SL35             ROLLEI 50MM F1.8 PLANAR GERMAN    1034892SL
ROLLEIFLEX SL350            ROLLEI 50MM F1.8 PLANAR    5509368
ROLLEIFLEX SL35M            ROLLEI 50MM F1.8 PLANAR    1222027 -
    this is a lens purchased later so without checking is probably a QBM IV

ROLLEIFLEX SL35ME           ROLLEI 50MM f1.8 PLANAR    1032003

    with the following being QBM IV lenses
ROLLEIFLEX SL35E            ROLLEI 50MM f1.8 PLANAR    1207367
ROLLEIFLEX SL35E            ROLLEI 50MM F1.8 PLANAR    1285673
ROLLEIFLEX 3003             ROLLEI 50mm f1.4 PLANAR    3120650

If there is a recess and a lip, I think it is QBM IV. From memory (my lenses
are not in front of me) on the earlier lenses it is not so much as a sunken
ring as a 'cap' which has no recess.

If your extension tube gives an aperture reading, something is out of
adjustment. Because there is no aperture connection between lens and camera
body, there can be no aperture information displayed in the viewfinder. This
would then explain why your lens does not show up in the viewfinder unless
it is actually a QBM III

What happens with your 60mm Makro?

Does the aperture reading show and then change if you gently press the pin
on the camera?

The only other thing is the black 'stop-down' button below and on the right
of the lens - opposite the red lens release button, could be in stop-down
mode. To check, remove the lens and press the button. If in stop-down, the
'flap' at the bottom of the lens opening will be out; in automatic mode the
flap will be retracted. But I expect you know that anyway.

My Prochnow book is at home and I will check tonight but I expect Carlos
will have his to hand and can check the photographs of the rear of the
respective lenses before I get home. ;-)

John