[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 3001 vs CZ Planar 1.4/50 HFT 4948XXX

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:54:00 -0300

An then I think the explanation looks pretty simple, someone had SL 35
bodies and newer QBM IV lenses and sold them together, in fact I have
a SL 35M camera with two newer Rolleinar QBM IV lenses (I bought the
camera body first), it happens because you buy used equipment years
after the manufacture. It does not make sense to manufacture a more
expensive bayonet for cameras that can't use the feature, except for
lenses made when the SL 2000 was a very advanced project.
BTW, Rolleinar zooms have no equivalents in the QBM Carl Zeiss lenses
line and most Rolleinars have a newer design than several CZ lenses.

Some earlier CZ lenses for the Contax/Yashica mount have identical
diagrams and technical data regarding the QBM CZ lenses, the Planar
1,4/50 is a sample, however CZ upgraded the design for some
Contax/Yashica lenses afterward.

Carlos