[rollei_list] Rolleiflex 2.8C Film Frame

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:35:49 -0400

A Rolleiflex technical querry for a change.  : )

I've been thinking a bit about the problem (discussed many times already) of over exposure in a line along the top of the frame.
Example here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/2422405163/
I was looking at the two vertical rails on either side of the frame, that the film is pressed against, and noting how much higher they are than the two horizontal limits of the frame. I can understand the need to recess these to avoid scratching the film as it winds past, but I wonder if they are too low? Does anyone have a 2.8C and a later model that does not exhibit this "Bug"? And can you compare the difference in height between the vertical rails and the horizontal ends around the film frame?

Illustration of question here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/2533890102/

Cheers,

E.