[rollei_list] Re: Pronunciation

  • From: FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:35:40 +0100 (BST)

The difference is perhaps between relevant, important
and correct.
I only learned the German pronunciation of Rollei and
Rolleiflex a few years ago from a Dutch fellow Rollei
user. I am prepared to accept that this is "correct"
but whether it is important or relevant is another
thing! The US pronunciation of Nikon seems to be
unique to North America, for example, I have never
heard it anywhere else in the world. Is it important?
of course not.
FWIW I am English and my American colleague says Yahoo
exactly the same as me, I just asked him.
Frank