[rollei_list] Re: Pronunciation

  • From: John Saldanha <tyco@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:17:46 +0200

Mr. Eric G: Asians, in general. pronounce it "Rollay" "o" as in Oh (God), the LLs very very slightly stressed, and the "ei" comes out as "laey" not "Lay" or "Lee"

Some "further asians" brought up in Asia land, pronounce it Lolleee, but gritting their teeth can sometimes pronounce it RoRRRay (rhymes with Boom Tiddy Boom Tiddy Ay!Ay!)

Shall we close this topic now? Or will one of our esteemed members, desperate to get to the bottom of this question, volunteer to step over the Great Divide, and Part the Curtain, and meet his Maker, after which he can enounter Messrs F & H. to ask them how Rollei is pronounced? If we don't do this soon, quite a few of the RUG will die of boredom. Regards, John Saldanha

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>