[rollei_list] Re: Professional Cameras

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:42:44 -0500

At 07:21 PM 11/21/2009, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>Yes Marc, the 3003 was a great and very innovative professional system
>from the beginning, and about the Rollei 35 you are right of course, I
>wrote "a pro tool for some specific areas" because I had the idea but
>recalled the mountain climbing only, the photogrammetric Rollei 35
>version was manufactured from April 1991 to 2000, it was a calibrated
>camera with datas if lens distortion for evaluation, it was provided
>with a waterproofed and shock tested box and long wrist strap, it was
>based on the Rollei 35 Classic, the central Rollei shutter was built
>in Dresden (Germany already was unified). The Sonnar lens barrel was
>rigid fixed to infinity, the handle areas was black painted and
>shutter and lens button were chrom coated, it had an assembled grid
>plate with reseau of 5.5 mm distance, 7x5 pieces, other details
>identical to Rollei 35 Classic.-

Thank you, Carlos. The point I was making is that the final runs of the Rollei 35S and of the SL3003 were for VERY technical uses and thus qualified as "professional" gear. Heck, the Sales Director of the North American firm representing Rollei for these cameras got so excited at a promotion that he dropped dead of a heart attack. They were pretty cool cameras.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!