[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

I use a Nikon Coolscan 8000. It produces excellent results but it takes me a
long time, but I think that is me not the scanner...
I have tried a flatbed but it was not as good, despite the specs. Not
surprising I suppose since the optics on the Nikon are optimised for a much
narrower scanning width.
The replacement Coolscan 9000, which is presumably better is holding its price
well, so if you want the extra quality it is probably still 3 to 4x more
expensive than a flatbed.
FD