[rollei_list] Re: Pistol Grip

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 02:21:11 -0800 (PST)

I disagree with you Mark. There is no a better way to shoot with the Rollei TLR
and automatic electronic flash than the Rollei Pistol grip; there is no a
better way to use the Rolleimeter and the secondory mirror and sportsfinder
than the Rolleigrip, there is no a better way to hold the camera over a lot of
heads around you and to shoot it than the Rollei Pistol grip. The pistol grip
was not a product of desperation, it was a product to allow a better use for
the secondary mirror, the flash unit and the sportsfinder for the photographic
situations where a higher camera point of view is necessary or to use an
electronic flash via a flash bracket attached to the Rollei grip.

You can change the focusing distance with the Rolleigrip easily using the left
hand for the focusing knob and viewing the subject through the secondory mirror
and following it through the sposrtsfinder, even better using the Rolleimeter
'cause you do both tasks via the sportsfinder only; to change the exposure -
the shutter speed is the real problem- again you can do it crossing your left
arm in front of the camera using the left hand to hold the camera against your
chest while you change the shutter speed with your right hand or you can use
your left index finger to change it. In general the automatic flash use does
not require to change the exposure after you adjusted it.
BTW, I only use the Rollei pistol grip when I need it really: for action shots,
flash shots and Rolleimeter shots, these are two samples about the Rollei
Pistol grip use, the first one for flash and subject movement:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/2899898894/

and this one to use Rolleimeter for focusing under low natural light:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/344264153/

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable