[rollei_list] Re: OT - Super Ikonta 6x6 532/16 Film Winding Anomaly

  • From: J Patric Dahlén <jenspatricdahlen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:19:46 +0000

Correct, and I can add that "B2" is another name for 120-film. "B1" is 117. On
many Rolleiflex Old Standard backs with two red windows, the markings around
the bottom window says "B2 6x9" and the one on the back says "B1 6x6".

/Patric

> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:43:40 -0500> From: mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
> rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT - Super Ikonta 6x6
> 532/16 Film Winding Anomaly> > Henry Scherer the Contax guy? It seems Henry
> is talking out of his area.> > This is no mistake. Before the late 1930's
> there were no 6x6 frame > numbers on rollfilm, only 6x9 numbers. Hence the
> red window is > positioned in the 6x9 start position to set frame one. Zeiss
> didn't put > a 6x6 window because the films at the time had no numbers to see
> there. > After the war, I guess they just left the camera design as is.> >
> There are a great many cameras like this, and also the older 6x4.5 > folders
> that use double red windows on the 6x9 row of numbers. > Rolleiflex Old
> Standard TLRs were also set this way. Some have a 2nd > red window that
> matches up with the 6x6 numbers on 120, but this was > originally meant for
> 117 format which was 6x6 and had the markings in > the same place.> > >
> Robert Lilley wrote:> > Sorry for the off topic but thought I'd run this one
> by you all. A year and> > half ago I sent my Super Ikonta 532/16 B to Henry
> Schere in California for> > an overhaul. Well, the camera is now being worked
> on and as such I talked> > to Henry about defeating the exposure interlock on
> the camera. As you may> > know this camera suffers from overlapping frames
> especially in the beginning> > of the roll. This is supposedly because the
> camera was designed to use> > Zeiss film which was thicker than what is
> available today. I figured if> > Henry could defeat the interlock that
> prevents double exposures, I could> > position the next frame in the camera
> using the red window on the back. The> > film counter would tell me the frame
> and the little number in the window> > would tell me it was spaced properly.
> What follows is Henrys response after> > trying all this out. According the
> Henry, Zeiss made a mistake. Has anybody> > ever come across this or noticed
> this before? Thanks for your time.> >> > Rob> >> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~> > "Our plan
> to defeat the automatic wind frame stop mechanism was undone by> > Zeiss. I
> tested your camera with a roll of film to see how closely the film> > counter
> matched the red window and got taught a new and very big lesson that> > has
> gone unnoticed and unrevealed to anyone until now. Here it is: The red> >
> window and the frame counter did not match and they did not match a lot.> >
> When the camera frame counter read "11" the red window read "8". The> >
> problem turns out to be very simple and there is no fix for it. Inside the> >
> back of the camera is the notation embossed into the metal "B 2 1/4 x 3> >
> 1/4". The camera is a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 camera and a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 camera and> >
> so the red window is positioned to read the numbers on the film backing> >
> paper for nine exposures total which is for a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 camera. Now, if>
> [...]
Trött på krångliga mejladresser? Skaffa en live.se-adress här!
 http://get.live.com/mail/options