[rollei_list] Re: OT - Super Ikonta 6x6 532/16 Film Winding Anomaly

Henry Scherer the Contax guy?  It seems Henry is talking out of his area.

This is no mistake.  Before the late 1930's there were no 6x6 frame
numbers on rollfilm, only 6x9 numbers.  Hence the red window is
positioned in the 6x9 start position to set frame one.  Zeiss didn't put
a 6x6 window because the films at the time had no numbers to see there.
After the war, I guess they just left the camera design as is.

There are a great many cameras like this, and also the older 6x4.5
folders that use double red windows on the 6x9 row of numbers.
Rolleiflex Old Standard TLRs were also set this way.  Some have a 2nd
red window that matches up with the 6x6 numbers on 120, but this was
originally meant for 117 format which was 6x6 and had the markings in
the same place.