[rollei_list] Re: OT: Leitz Neverload Kit

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:54:44 -0400

I think this "bonding" thing is very true.
I "jumped " from the M3 to the M6 last year and have much more trouble using the M6 "easy" loading system, if I follow the manual. I need to release and forward the film until both sprockets engage the film I closed the bottom/back door to make sure it advances correctly. Much prefer the Contax II/IIIa loading system or that of most mechanical Japanese SLRs. I find my Rolleiflex 3.5E straightforward (not "easy") to load becasue I have used it for so many years.
Jan

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:25:52 -0400
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Part of the trick of loading a slightly tricky camera system is to have it be your main camrea for awhile. You have to bond with it. Go on a road trip
and bring only that. Let it sit in the front seat. Put all your other
cameras away for a season or at least a month. Flitting from camera to
camera makes you no good at nothin.
Mark William Rabiner