[rollei_list] OT: Leitz Neverload Kit

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:28:21 -0400

At 12:13 AM 9/29/2009, David Sadowski wrote:
>The Leica loading style, as introduced in the M4 in 1967, was an
>improvemtn in two ways:
>
>1. Speed.  You flip the camera over, put the film in, and you're done.
>
>2. Less film lost in the leader.  Could result in an extra frame per roll.

The Neverload Kit was first fitted to M2 cameras sold to the US Army in 1964, and the retrofit kit was available from 1965. I positively HATE the system and have found it frighteningly unreliable. Leitz finally got it to work a tad better by the time they got to the M6, but the system cannot come close to the fine system used in the M3's, a fast, reliable system.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!