[rollei_list] Re: OT: Getting into 4x5 for the first time...

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:08:33 -0800

Long as we are lusting for 4x5s my dreams would include this:

http://www.littman45single.com/02cm/models.html

What a strange life for coincidences. Lately I have been wanting to get the 4x5 going especially for a particular project and yesterday took 3 sticky shutters in for CLA. Came home to find the list consumed with 4x5 talk and a rare call for a 4x5 studio job.

It occurred to me as I have been thinking of creating large multiple image panoramas with the Rollei and Pano attachment for printing in platinum that I could set my front standard on the 4x5 so the lens was centered over the tripod connection and I could do the focusing with the rear and then if the tripod and camera were level it could be used for panorama just like the rollei attachment only with front rise.
Dennis

On Mar 26, 2008, at 00:05, Mark Rabiner wrote:

bingo, mark - you hit the nail on the head there.  we teach best of both worlds and have students scan large format bw and color negs, and transparencies to work on in photoshop and print digitally.

i'm in awe of you shooting model/hair period but especially in 4x5!  i wimp out having preferred products or architecture that holds still and doesnt have an attitude generally!

Bob Laubach
Northern Virginia Community College
Photo Dept

I shot the models with the Hasselblad.