[rollei_list] Re: OT: Getting into 4x5 for the first time...

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:46:53 -0700

I owned and used a Master Technika for years, until I found the Technikardan. The Master Technika has some reasonably serious issues when trying to use wide angle lenses. 75mm very difficult, 55mm impossible. The Technika 2000 addresses these issues but still cannot compete with the Technikardan. All Technikas have basically no rear movements worth using. Each rear corner is independent and there is no way to coordinate them as pairs. The Technikardan has no issues with anything. Everything works for all lenses and conceivable situations, and when folded, the Technikardan is the same size as a folded Technika. Pretty difficult to argue with the Technikardan over the Technika, AND, the Technikardan is less expensive than the Technika by one to two thousand dollars!

Jim

On Mar 25, 2008, at 2:32 PM, Robert Lilley wrote:

Mark, again I agree - the Master Technika is THE all around view camera. I'm a middle of the roader with my Toyo 45A. I can afford sheet film every weekend - nice to have the 6x7 roll film back.

Rob