[rollei_list] Re: Neopan 400 in Ultrafin

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 19:44:13 +0000 (GMT)

Sent from QCloud

On Aug 18, 2014, at 08:32 PM, Horace Trovato <horacekenneth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looks like a pretty distinct pattern, does it look the same on all the affected
photos?  Including placement?

Is there a gradual weakening of the defect image as you proceed either into the
roll or out of the roll as placed in the processing tank ? This would implicate
a light leak either loading or processing the film.   I once saw something
similar where I used the wrong solution to fix the film and I only realized my
mistake as I examined the negatives after they came out of the wash.  I got the
wet film back in the reel in the dark and fixed it properly.  Wet film loads OK
onto wet reels.
All the best
Laurence Cuffe

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Folks,
    I processed a roll of Neopan 400 from my Rolleiflex 3.5 E last weekend.
Used a Kiindermann steel tank with Nikor insert.  Processed in Ultrafin liquid
1:9 with a pre-rinse, Tetenal stop bath and Tetenal Superfix Plus fixer (4-5
minutes).  Finished the film after 10 minute watering with 1 min in Agfa Agepon
(2 %) and room-temperature air-drying.

    See example at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittelformat/14961186462/lightbox/   (Altenberg
Cathedral)

    The film shows the same wavy streaks on a lot of pictures, but not all.
Anyone know whats going on?  Was it the pre-rinse with high PH tap water, light
leak of the roll? Film touching itself in the can (loading error)???

     I don't think the camera is to blame. Will know for sure tomorrow when I
get a Portra 160 back that I shot in the camera after the Neopan.  Very
frustrating, especially for a series I shot in Leiden last week - not easy to
replace!  Here is one that looks halfway okay:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittelformat/14775138267/lightbox/  (Leiden from
the V&D cafeteria terrace).

Jan