[rollei_list] Neopan 400 in Ultrafin

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 21:22:47 +0200

Hi Folks,

I processed a roll of Neopan 400 from my Rolleiflex 3.5 E last weekend.  Used a
Kiindermann steel tank with Nikor insert.  Processed in Ultrafin liquid 1:9
with a pre-rinse, Tetenal stop bath and Tetenal Superfix Plus fixer (4-5
minutes).  Finished the film after 10 minute watering with 1 min in Agfa Agepon
(2 %) and room-temperature air-drying.

See example at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittelformat/14961186462/lightbox/   (Altenberg
Cathedral)

The film shows the same wavy streaks on a lot of pictures, but not all. Anyone
know whats going on?  Was it the pre-rinse with high PH tap water, light leak
of the roll? Film touching itself in the can (loading error)???

 I don't think the camera is to blame. Will know for sure tomorrow when I get a
Portra 160 back that I shot in the camera after the Neopan.  Very frustrating,
especially for a series I shot in Leiden last week - not easy to replace!  Here
is one that looks halfway okay:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mittelformat/14775138267/lightbox/  (Leiden from
the V&D cafeteria terrace).

Jan