[rollei_list] Re: My book is up.

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:48:44 -0400

At 10:23 AM 7/16/2009, Bob Adler wrote:
Sorry Marc. I think you were rude and now cloaking it in the veil of "rules is rules". I understand that's how some folks deal with the world, but I didn't feel Sanders was pushing his book, only excited that an endeavor to which many of the listers had contributed reached fruition.

Well, to be blunt, it is my list, and I have very few rules. One of these rules is that FS/WTB ads be listed on Fridays, your time, only. That seems pretty simple to me. Does it seem overly complex to you?

Had Sanders just announced his book without advertising it for sale, that would have been fine. As it was, he tried to dodge the rules by posting a FS ad on a Wednesday. That doesn't fly.

Sure, I might have been rude. I suspect the officers I chewed out when I was in the Army thought I was rude, too. But rules exist for a reason. And, again, it is my list. I let you guys be rude to each other, and I certainly can be rude to someone who violates one of the very few rules we have.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!