[rollei_list] Re: Limit of Rolleicord Triotar

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:53:27 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:41 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Limit of Rolleicord Triotar

Jim -

I have a Rolleicord III just like you had. Mine has a Xenar; most that
I've seen do. I have covered the inside with black velvet flocking
cloth; Harry Fleenor keeps in in tune for me. It is a wonderful,
ergonomic camera with a really fine lens. Back when Kodak used to
mount 66 Kodachrome slides in cardboard mounts, I would show them on
an 60's vintage Polaroid MF Projector (got it NOS for $50). The impact
of the all the detail this crazy old system produced used to make
people gasp (maybe it was just my bad photography). Mr friends with
Hassies would shake their heads in disbelief...

Eric Goldstein

I used a few Rolleicord III's in the past and don't remember any absorbent cloth inside. I wonder if some had it and others didn't or if it was an aftermarket thing. Both my original and current IV's have internal baffles. BTW, some cameras may benifit from touching up the edges of the baffles with Krylon Ultra-Flat Black paint. Some seem to have edge reflections. Probably this paint would reduce the flare in older cameras without the baffles but, of course, would not be original. One can obtain flocking paper from the same people that sell leather replacement covers for Rolleis, I am drawing a blank on the name at the moment.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx